Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
DHS is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters.
- Direct staff in conceptualizing, planning, drafting, and presenting analytic products and preparing executive communications materials;
- Assist in the preparation, analysis, development, review, and implementation of CBP Watch policies, procedures, and standards;
- Produce CBP Watch operational and intelligence products, both written products and oral briefs, under supervision, and develop written products/oral briefings of findings to supervisor prior to presenting to superiors; and
- Lead and oversee the deployment of a variety of data analysis tools, techniques and procedures, using advanced analytics to position the office to target complex, domestically and internationally focused illicit finance threats;
- Establish and leverage a network within CBP, the Intelligence Enterprise, and the Intelligence Community to obtain information significant to other agencies.
- Perform the full range of team leadership duties and provides administrative and technical supervision for accomplishing the work of the unit;
- Gather, review, and collate message traffic to alert appropriate leadership and organizations to new developments and significant changes to their area of responsibility;
- Plan and direct activities, and partners with Intelligence Research Specialists on the analysis, evaluation, and interpretation of data to assess its relevance and determine the significance of impact for a major geographical area;
- Must NOT have any pending/outstanding disciplinary actions
- Must be a current Customs and Border Protection employee
- Must have achieved a minimum of “meet expectations/proficiency” on latest performance appraisal/evaluation
- Must have supervisory approval to apply to the Joint Duty Assignment.
- The program does not apply to members of the Military service or contractors.
- Must be currently at the grade level of the detail. *No Temporary Promotion Opportunity*
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A