Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America’s transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned, to include; visitor escort, supply requisition and stocking, telephone support and area cleaning.
Completes logs, forms, and other paperwork applicable to assigned duties.
- Provides assistance to superiors in the monitoring and flow of individuals through security check lane(s) to reduce wait times as much as possible, adjusts passenger traffic as necessary to ensure consistent and smooth flow of traffic.
- Takes appropriate steps to ensure all safety requirements are adhered to and suggests safety improvements as appropriate.
- Moves checked baggage to and from X-ray conveyer systems during screening process.
- Develops skills necessary to maintain situational awareness at all times in order to effectively apply appropriate response based on the situation.
- Ensures security check points are properly supplied with an appropriate supply of bins and organized to ensure a smooth flow of passenger traffic for screening operations.
- Provides information and assistance to passengers divesting items into storage bins.
- You must possess U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. National.
- You must complete a favorable Background Investigation (BI).
- You must have reached the minimum age (18) at the time of application.
- Selective Service registration is required.
- See additional “Conditions of Employment” and “Other Information” sections.
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A