Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
The Department of Homeland Security is a member of the President’s Interagency Task Force on the Reunification of Families and is joined by the Department of State, Department of Health and Human Services, and the Department of Justice. The Family Reunification Task Force (FRTF) is currently identifying and implementing comprehensive strategies that will bring families back together, ensuring that the children and parents who were intentionally separated from each other are provided support.
- Uses skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SQL, Tableau and/or other analytical tools to identify patterns and correlations among various data points to determine trends and makes significant recommendations the Task Force leadership.
- The incumbent will use knowledge of data gathering in designing, developing, and maintaining ongoing metrics, reports, user stories, requirements, and dashboards to drive key business decisions by leadership.
- Identify and evaluate user requirements, creating user stories, designing center and Task Force automated reports, and designing, issuing, and promoting standard reporting parameters in support of center wide and Task Force goals.
- Data analysis and recommendations support leadership decisions regarding strategic direction and key business drivers needed to meet mission goals and objectives.
- Provides advisory services, authoritative technical advice, and expert data analysis to senior leadership and management and provides recommendations regarding interpretation of data for analytical deliverables (e.g., statistical analyses, reports, dashboards, user stories, workforce data, etc.).
- Serve as a senior data analyst with principal focus on data analysis work directly related to the work the Task Force is responsible for to include collecting, maintaining, reviewing, analyzing, evaluating, reporting, and making recommendations on a wide variety of past, current, and projected data.
- Plans and conducts special studies, provides advice to managers, and develops and evaluates policies in assigned program areas.
- Must be a current permanent Federal employee
- Must NOT have any pending/outstanding disciplinary actions
- Must have achieved a minimum of “meet expectations/proficiency” on latest performance appraisal/evaluation
- The program does not apply to members of the Military service or contractors.
- Must be currently at the grade level of the detail. *No Temporary Promotion Opportunity*
- Must have supervisory approval to apply to the Joint Duty Assignment. DHS 250-2 Application Form under “required documents” section.
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kansas City, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A