Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
These positions are located at a field site in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Coast Guard (USCG), Deputy Commandant for Mission Support (DCMS), Assistant Commandant for Human Resources (CG-1), Civ HR Div & Leadership Directorate (CG-12) Office of Civilian HR Office (CG-123) HR Service Center Southeast (CG-123SE)
Delivers on the job training to new employees in accordance with established procedures and practices.
Train HRA’s in specific tasks and job techniques, and ensure the availability of written instructions, reference materials and supplies.
Serving as the lead HRA is the subject matter expert for e-QIP, e-verify, awards processing and resolving basic to intermediate human resources problems.
assistants have been unable to reconcile.
Reviews and analyzes technical and work related problems or issues that arise and develops or recommends alternative solutions.
Researches the NFC Payroll/Personnel Processing manuals, training materials, and directives for information regarding issues that
Answers questions and delivers guidance on personnel and payroll document preparation and entry into various HR systems.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- This position requires a Public Trust Investigation.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualifying experience for the GS-7 level includes one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-6 level.
Specialized experience includes: Reviews and analyzes technical and work related problems or issues that arise and develops or recommends alternative solutions.
- Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-7 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience includes: Utilizing an automated personnel/payroll related processing system to code or input data and generate and distribute a variety of personnel and payroll reports; explaining basic features of employee benefit programs and ensuring timely and accurate processing of personnel actions; and computing creditable service, researching personnel rules and regulations, communicating personnel information to employees and managers.
- applicants may substitute successful completion of 1 year of appropriate graduate level education (18 semester hours, 27 quarter hours, or the equivalent) in a field of study directly related to the work of the position to be filled for the required one year of specialized experience. Graduate education may be credited only when it is clearly directly related to the work of the position to be filled and equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position.
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A