Website U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the agency Americans trust with their lives. As a global leader in public health, CDC is the nation’s premier health promotion, prevention, and preparedness agency. Whether we are protecting the American people from public health threats, researching emerging diseases, or mobilizing public health programs with our domestic and international partners, we rely on our employees to make a real difference in the health and well-being of people here and around the world.
- Streamline public health processes and procedures, knowledge bases, and/or effect new approaches to resolve programmatic issues that contribute to the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the HHS disease prevention, control and health promotion mission.
- Apply epidemiological principles and/or procedures to investigate, review, analyze, and/or determine the cause(s) of problems, situations, inconsistencies, and/or issues related to programmatic degradation or systemic or causal parameters.
- Provide support to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in public health research and analyses.
- Make substantive, multi-layered, and/or multi-dimensional recommendations and/or courses of action to carry out control procedures.
- Research findings which impact significant public health programs, issues, problems, processes, and procedures and/or the transmission of other causation of disease or public health issues or situations.
- Perform non-clinical duties involving the evaluation of medical research or the identification of causes or sources of disease or disease outbreaks.
- Bargaining Unit Position: No
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- Annual Leave for non-federal service may be authorized: May be authorized
- Recruitment Incentive May be authorized: Yes
- Background Investigation is required.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- Travel, transportation, and moving expenses will be paid: May be authorized
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
- Drug Screening Required: No
- US Citizenship is required.
Company: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A