Website U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
This recruitment will be used to fill multiple positions within HRSA’s Maternal and Child Health Bureau. The available duty location for these positions are HRSA Headquarters in Rockville, MD, one of the 10 Regional office locations listed in this announcement, or San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Conducting routine environmental surveillance and shares important information regarding, local, state, and/or regional needs of the MCH populations with staff and leadership.
- Serving as a Project Officer responsible for providing programmatic direction, oversight, and technical assistance for maternal and child health grants and cooperative agreements.
- Analyzing existing or proposed systems, strategies, services or other health related matters for long range implementation and administrative of maternal and child health programs.
- Partnering with federal and non-federal stakeholders to address needs of the maternal and child health population.
- Employment is subject to the successful completion of the pre-appointment process (i.e., background investigation, verification of qualifications and job requirements, completion of onboarding forms, submission of required documents, etc.)
- Student loan repayment incentive is not authorized.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- U. S. Citizenship is required.
- Males ages 18 through 25 must be registered with the Selective Service.
- PHS Commissioned Corps applicants must submit current personnel orders.
- Recruitment incentives are not authorized.
- Position is in the Bargaining Unit.
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge of a specialized public health program.
- Knowledge of the methods, processes, and techniques used to develop and deliver public health or health-related programs in State and local settings.
- Knowledge of organizational, operational, and programmatic concepts and practices applied by public, private, or nonprofit agencies and organizations engaged in public health or other health-related activities.
- Knowledge of, and skill in, the application of administrative or analytical methods and techniques necessary for working within the framework of a public health or related organization and carrying out specific program functions.
- Skill in oral and written communications, gathering and conveying information, making oral presentations, and preparing reports, correspondence, and other written materials.
Company: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brownsville, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A