Website Hartford Hospital
The Fitness Specialist develops, coordinates and teaches fitness/exercise programs and events established for the customers and the community. Serves as a personal trainer by assessing and establishing individualized training programs for customers. Reports to the Fitness Center Manager.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Bachelor of Science in one of the following areas preferred: Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Athletic Training, Recreation and Leisure, Kinesiology, Recreation Management, Health Promotion, Movement and Sport Studies, Health Administration or Sports Management.
- Previous related experience preferred.
- Required Certifications: Standard First Aid, CPR – for the professional rescuer and personal training certification from one of the following organizations: ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine), NSCA (National Strength and Conditioning Association), AFAA (Aerobic Fitness
- Association of America), ACE (American Council of Exercise), NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine) or NATA (National Athletic Training Association).
- Recommended Certifications in one or more of the following: Aerobics, Step Aerobics, Water Aerobics, Kick Boxing, Senior Fitness Instructor, Theraball, Pilates, Yoga, Tai Chi, Self Defense, Water Safety Instructor (WSI) or any other type of exercise
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated internships with accumulated hours and previous experience in fitness/exercise programs required
Company: Hartford Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Paramedic
Job Location: Wethersfield, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A