Website Governors State University
Prepares periodic and annual financial and statistical reports, schedules and disclosures as required by the external auditors, internal auditors, State Comptroller’s Office, Federal and State oversight agencies, Federal and State grant awarding agencies, Budget Office, among other external and external parties. Prepares complex accounting reports and reconciliations. Ensures financial reports are prepared with reasonable accuracy and are submitted timely. Develops comprehensive financial reporting systems and procedures to ensure compliance with University, State, and Federal policies and rules; and to ensure that financial statements are free from material misstatements. Performs technical accounting research related to new and proposed accounting standards, and implements systems and procedures to ensure University compliance with these standards. Assists in the financial audit processes and related coordination with the auditors.
- Prepares periodic and annual compliance reports and schedules that are required by external auditors, among other external and internal parties. Coordinates with various Financial Services staff and University departments for the information needed to prepare the compliance reports.
- Ensures compliance reports are prepared with reasonable accuracy and are submitted timely. Coordinates with the University Director of Compliance for any new federal and state mandates, rules and regulations that are applicable to the Office of Financial Services & Comptroller (OFC), and ensures OFC is in compliance with these mandates, rules and regulations.
- Assists in the compliance audit processes and related coordination with the auditors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Other Responsibilities
- Performing and overseeing advanced accounting work that applies knowledge of the theory and practice of recording, classifying, examining, and analyzing data and records of financial transactions. This work is analytical, innovative, evaluative, managerial and advisory in nature.
- Kept abreast of the accounting and reporting guidelines under GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), GASB (Governmental Account Standards Board), Illinois SAMS (State Accounting Management System) and other relevant accounting and reporting standards.
- This position communicates internally with GSU faculty and staff as well as externally with auditors, and other agencies requiring information.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- 5+ years of experience in public accounting/auditing firms.
- 3+ years of accounting experience in an administrative or supervisory capacity.
- 7+ accounting experience with progressively increasing responsibilities.
Company: Governors State University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: University Park, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A