Website Governors State University
Governors State University College of Arts and Sciences announces a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor of Secondary Biology Education beginning as early as the Spring 2023 semester. The Division of Science, Mathematics and Technology offers undergraduate majors and minors, graduate degrees, and post-baccalaureate and graduate certificates. The successful candidate will join a dynamic faculty, working collaboratively between the education and science programs.
As a Minority Serving Institution we seek candidates with outstanding teaching skills, interest in advising non-traditional and diverse student populations, evidence of potential scholarship consistent with tenure-track expectations, and professional service via projects, committees or other leadership roles
- Supervise Secondary Science student teachers;
- Teach secondary science (biology and chemistry) methods courses;
- Assist with secondary education field experiences (Biology, Chemistry, English, Mathematics, and Social Sciences):
- Maintain and/or establish district partnerships;
Place candidates for early field experiences;
- Observe micro-teaching lessons;
- Teach introductory biology or chemistry courses and/or labs
- Evidence of potential for strong record of scholarship.
- Evidence of advanced knowledge in educational technology, curriculum design, and best instructional practices for teaching diverse learners
- Ph.D. in Biology, OR a Ph.D./Ed.D. in Education; all degree requirements must be completed by December 31, 2022.
- Demonstrated knowledge of teaching reading in the content area, social emotional learning, and teaching English language learners
- Hold a secondary teacher license and have a subfield or extensive training and experience in teacher education.
- Ability to teach undergraduate courses in Biology and Secondary or Middle School Science teaching methods.
- Evidence of proficiency in teaching ability.
Company: Governors State University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A