Gateway Community College
The TRIO Student Support Services at Norwalk Community College is dedicated to increasing the retention, completion, and transfer of NCC students – especially those who are underrepresented in higher education, financially under-resourced, first generation in college, nontraditional or otherwise educationally disadvantaged.
- We facilitate student transitions, build community and guide students through the completion of their two-year degree in preparation for a successful transition to a four-year college.
- This program, open to all eligible NCC students, includes the TRIO Student Support Services program – open to 247 first generation, low income, or students with a disability.
- The TRIO Student Support Services provides one on one advising and tutoring, counseling; academic, personal, career, transfer, financial literacy, and academic success workshops, transfer planning and preparation classes as well as the opportunity to participate summer retention program.
- Skilled in visually displaying complex, data-rich information, in a simple format that enables effective and efficient decision making by key internal stakeholders at all levels in the organization
- Act with Humility, Lead with Transparency, and Deliver with Focus… always with unyielding integrity
- Ability to stay calm, think clearly, and act objectively when under pressure
- Demonstrates an interest in and understanding of others, values team success over individual success, listens, supports, and cares for others.
- Maintains a positive outlook at work, accepts differing points-of-view, handles constructive criticism and conflict well
- Proven success in combining commercial creativity, commercial intensity, and analytical capabilities
- Detail oriented and takes pride in quality of work, with the ability to balance multiple tasks and priorities in real-time
- Demonstrates leadership through strong project and stakeholder management, including ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interface and influence at all levels in the organization.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel; Proficient in PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Adobe PDF.
- Ability to break down complex situations, “filter out the noise,” determine what to solve for, and methodically address the situation
Company: Gateway Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Bridgeport, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A