Website Gateway Community College
All Teaching Faculty members shall: Prepare and teach college-approved courses in accordance with approved course descriptions and class schedules, including developing syllabi and reading lists and keeping each course taught complete and up to date; respond to and work with multiple constituencies, including students, peers (faculty and staff), and external agencies (business, community, educational, etc.); perform divisional departmental responsibilities in the selection of texts and related teaching resources; and other teaching and related duties as outlined on the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Under the direction of Chair of Math/Science, this Instructor is expected to teach thirty (30) credit hours per academic year and will be responsible for teaching a range of Mathematics courses (delivery systems can be lecture, hybrid and/or online).
- Evaluating and assessing student learning, providing student support and academic advising, planning, and executing program-related events, assisting with program reviews, developing curriculum, and periodically evaluating teaching materials, attending workshops and or conferences to maintain currency in profession and field.
- Teaching schedule may include both day and evening classes.
- In addition to the accountabilities listed above, the incumbent is required to carry out the essential duties of: Attendance and participation at convocation and commencement ceremonies; Service on assigned committees and task forces;
- Attendance and participation at committee, staff, informational and professional meetings. These may involve attendance at evening or weekend events.
- This posting includes qualifications, experience and skills but is not limited to the full duties and responsibilities that is stated within the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics.
- Two (2) years’ experience teaching courses in Mathematics (48 credits).
- Two (2) years of college-level teaching experience.
- Experience teaching upper-level courses.
- Experience with online instruction and delivery methods such as Blackboard.
- Experience in coaching, case management, resource coordination, and career exploration, preferably in higher education.
Company: Gateway Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Bridgeport, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A