Website Gateway Community College
The Women’s Center Coordinator acts as an applied educational specialist concerned with the problems of individuals, with special attention given to the needs of those least able to act as their own advocates. The Women’s Center Coordinator will have oversight for FESP (Family Economic Security Program) and the Equity Project, while developing programming and operating the women’s center.
- Under the direction of Dean of Student Services, the Women’s Center Coordinator is accountable for contributing to the academic, career, personal and social success of the College’s students through effective performance in these essential functional areas: Program development (Women’s Center, FESP, Equity Programs); Navigating holistic non-academic and academic supports; Networking with key internal and external stakeholders; Working closely with Guided Pathways Advisors; student counseling and case management; to ensure holistic supports and a coordinated approach for each student happens.
- In addition to the accountabilities listed above, the incumbent is required to carry out the essential duties of: Attendance and participation at convocation and commencement ceremonies; Service on assigned committees and task forces; Attendance and participation at committee, staff, informational and professional meetings. These may involve attendance at evening or weekend events.
- This posting includes qualifications, experience and skills but is not limited to the full duties and responsibilities that is stated within the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Experience in crisis counseling and intervention.
- Experience in career and academic development.
- Experience in project management.
- Knowledge and direct experience working with at-risk students.
- Experience with program management.
- Experience working in an urban Community College setting.
- Experience in coaching, case management, resource coordination, and career exploration, preferably in higher education.
Company: Gateway Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Bridgeport, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A