Website City of Frisco
Under general supervision of the Planning Manager or his/her designee and other senior level positions, the Planner I performs professional review of municipal planning applications and completes special projects. This position implements and enforces the Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision Ordinance, Comprehensive Plan, and other applicable City Ordinances, and provides Staff support to elected and appointed officials.
- Meets with project applicants for pre-and post-development review to discuss compliance with the Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision Ordinance, Comprehensive Plan, and other applicable City Ordinances.
- Presents in front of elected and appointed officials, applicants, and residents.
- Prepares professional Staff reports and recommendations for presentation to the Planning & Zoning Commission and City Council.
- Conducts on site reviews of development and construction projects.
- Complies with all City policies and procedures.
- Assists in the preparation of Development Agreements.
- Assists in resolving citizen and customer issues.
- Coordinates with applicable City departments to complete thorough project reviews and approvals of development and construction plans.
- Assists in meeting the objectives of the City Council’s Strategic Goals and the Department’s Five-Year Strategic Plan.
- Prepares and presents detailed reports on development applications.
- Responds to inquiries and complaints from the public and provides information to the public regarding development applications.
- Evaluates or assists in the review of specific use permit and zoning request applications.
- Provides accurate information to the public regarding development regulations.
- Conducts special research projects.
- Collects a variety of statistical data and prepares reports and maps on topics such as census information, land use, tax base data, and occupancy rate.
- Administers the Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision Ordinance, Comprehensive Plan, and other applicable City Ordinances.
- Acts as project manager for the duration of smaller, less complex development projects including but not limited to substantially conforming site plan, site plan, minor plat, and amending plat applications.
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously.
- Knowledge of database development, maintenance, and retrieval and geographical information system utilization for layer mapping.
- Ability to research techniques and provide assistance for cases and assignments.
- Well organized with a recognition of time management skills.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service skills both internally and externally.
- Ability to implement and enforce regulations, ordinances, and codes.
- Problem-solving skills to gather relevant information to solve defined practical problems.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment as needed.
- Knowledge of City policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, Regional, and City Zoning, Subdivision, and Comprehensive Planning regulations, ordinances, and codes.
- Skill in effective oral and written communications.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Public Administration, Landscape Architecture, or related field.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and MVR check.
- Must possess a valid State of Texas Driver’s License.
Company: City of Frisco
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Frisco, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A