Website Front Range Community College
We are guided by the philosophy “One College, Many Communities.” Campuses share many common values, goals, and practices, but are also given the opportunity and flexibility to develop unique cultures and programs that serve individual communities. In addition, we have a clear vision outlined in its strategic plan. For more information, visit the following: www.frontrange.edu and VISION 2020.
- As a full-time faculty member in the Social and Behavioral Sciences department, you will bring your talent to teach Psychology classes for the Westminster Campus. You will be responsible for providing quality instruction to students through well-prepared classes, relevant assignments, fair assessment of learning and clear documentation of student progress.
- You work individually, as well as in collaboration with colleagues, to develop innovative curriculum which meets the needs of our diverse population of students. Student retention and success is your top priority. You will utilize technology and effective teaching strategies to develop students’ critical thinking skills.
- As a faculty member you act as a mentor for the part-time instructors. You serve as representative of the department by participating in committees, task forces, and events at the campus, college, and/or state levels. You may be asked to teach at different times, locations and modalities to meet the needs of the College.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Psychology.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) credit hours of teaching experience with preference given to experience teaching Psychology.
- Experience teaching a wide array of psychology courses.
- Evidence of incorporating active, experiential learning in one’s teaching pedagogy along with professional development as related to teaching.
- Experience teaching face-to-face, real time remote and online.
- Experience teaching at a community college.
- Evidence of engaging with students outside of the classroom setting through clubs, advising, etc.
- Evidence of assessment experience especially as related to classroom techniques, student learning, and achievement.
Company: Front Range Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Westminster, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A