Website Front Range Community College
As a Part-Time Hourly Pathway Advisor, you will provide proactive academic advising, career planning, and success coaching for online students within specific Career and Academic Communities (CACs). You will assist students in exploring educational and career goals through academic advising and retention outreach. You will participate in other academic and institutional support activities as well as department projects and services as assigned.
- Meet with students by phone, through email and in-person to help assesses academic needs and career goals of assigned Career and Academic Community (CAC) students.
- Help students choose and enter a pathway. Advise new and continuing students regarding completing a credential and/or transferability of degree program.
- Help current students persist by assisting them in navigating their MAP, providing transfer information, and making campus and community referrals as needed.
- Engage in basic career planning conversations with students, including matching student career interests to courses/programs of study.
- Participate in CAC events, CAC advising sessions at orientation, and other activities that promote and build CAC communities.
- Maintain knowledge of the curricula for FRCC degrees, certificates, courses and issues relevant to transferring to Colorado four-year institutions.
- Relationship Building: Develops, grows, and maintains relationships with students, faculty, staff, the FRCC community, and our non-FRCC partners.
- Critical Thinking: Confident in using professional judgement when dealing with complex student issues. Generates and implements new ideas and is solution-oriented.
- Self-motivated: Takes initiative to engage and manage caseload using all available tools, prioritizes workload, ability to problem solve independently and as part of a team.
- Technology: Uses available technologies to proactively advise students.
- Customer Service: Provides timely and exceptional customer service to a diverse group of students and staff by phone, email and in person.
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: Works with individuals and groups with diverse backgrounds and experiences. Develops resources and supports for students to foster a sense of belonging. Committed to serving diverse learners during their educational journey and to support them in achieving their personal and academic goals.
Company: Front Range Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Fort Collins, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A