Website Front Range Community College
The Student Success Coach embraces case-management as a start to finish process that connects students to their purpose and plan on a continual basis. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work in an area serving a diverse group of students, and has the desire to make a positive impact on student lives. This position requires travel between the three campuses for team and department meetings, and reports to the Program Manager for Re-Engagement Services. This position is grant funded through May 2024.
- Proactively reach out to assigned students to provide holistic & timely advising, leveraging all available tools to report, monitor, track, document student notes, and communicate with students. Meet with students in person, by phone, and videoconference. Continually monitor evolving educational and career needs of assigned caseload of students. Assist students in building and navigating their academic plans through graduation, providing transfer information, and making campus and community referrals as needed.
- Assist in COSI scholarship selection.
- Understand financial needs of scholars and work with financial aid to reduce amount of loans borrowed by students.
- Assist students in navigating the college, connecting with campus financial resources, providing transfer information, and making campus and community referrals as needed.
- Identify key risk and success factors that may indicate a need for extra support such as GPA, stop-out concerns, probation, Early Alert, First Generation.
- Engage in basic goal setting conversations with students, including helping students match their career interests to courses/programs of study, making referrals to Career Services as needed.
- Relationship Building: Develop, grow, and maintain relationships with students, faculty, staff, the FRCC community, and our non-FRCC partners.
- Critical Thinking: Confident in using professional judgement when dealing with complex student issues. Generate and implement new ideas and is solution oriented.
- Self-motivated: Take initiative to lead, engage and manage department using all available tools, prioritizes workload, ability to problem solve independently and as part of a team.
- Technology: Use available technologies to proactively coach students.
- Customer Service: Provide timely and exceptional customer service to a diverse group of students and staff by phone, email and in person.
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of one year of experience in higher education, student affairs and/or serving people in a case-management capacity.
- Experience engaging students, clients and/or customers in a helping role.
Company: Front Range Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Fort Collins, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A