Website Federal Railroad Administration
This position serves as a Human Resources Specialist, Information Systems and provides support to all HR program areas in the Office of Human Resources. The incumbent serves as a program manager for automated personnel systems and their integration, and provides guidance and strategic oversight to ensure the quality of the data entered and maintained in the automated HR systems.
- Promote the use of automation for the streamlining of HR processing and provide technical guidance on the operation of these systems.
Work in coordination with the HR Staffing and Classification Branch to develop quality control procedures to ensure efficient processing of all personnel actions through review of reports, input, output, and electronic personnel records. Monitor errors and assure corrective in a timely manner, as well as identifying trends and problems requiring action.
- Serve as the Access Control Officer for FRA automated personnel systems.
- Design, develop, and produce a variety of HR reports, including those of a standard and recurring nature via OBIEE/DATAMART. Prepare quarterly reports on status of HR processing measurements.
- Coordinate the identification and implementation of suitable agency-wide electronic systems such as FPPS and WTTS.
Serve as FRA’s Personnel/Payroll System manager. Resolve user problems for timekeepers and provides training to new users, including supervisors and managers.
- Represent FRA on the DOT Intermodal HR Automation Council. Lead/participate in work groups to address automated HR operational program issues throughout FRA and DOT.
- Be responsible for the development, implementation, review and modification of automated personnel management systems, reports, policies and procedures that provide required information to the various human resources specialists, managers, supervisors and operational personnel within the FRA.
- You must meet specialized experience to qualify.
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date.
- You must be a U.S.Citizen and eligible for consideration.
- Required documents must be submitted by the closing date.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience managing, testing and implementing Human Resources information systems including the Federal Personnel and Payroll System.
- Experience managing automated personnel services and providing advisory services to a HR staff.
- Experience extracting data from HR systems to create reoccurring or specialized reports.
Company: Federal Railroad Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A