Website California Department of Fish and Wildlife
The California Department of Fish and Wildlife is seeking an Environmental Program Manager I (Supervisory) to play a foundational role in leading our Hatchery Production and Aquatic Animal Health Laboratory.
- Your primary responsibility is to manage, direct and implement the Departments’ Hatchery Production and Distribution Program, Fisheries Health, Shellfish Health, and Fisheries Genetics Research Laboratories. You will work with program and department fisheries and hatchery staff to maximize fish production and stocking efficiencies, build long-term resilience to climate change through various methods, implement strategic plans, development, and oversight of infrastructure modifications to new technologies, and implementation of system management processes. You will ensure related policies and regulations are developed and reviewed, identify research needs, and provide technical direction and program support for scientists leading cutting edge research. This important role will require you to actively engage with stakeholders, Tribal entities, state and federal and nongovernmental agencies regularly.
- Strong and effective interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated about innovation to manage short term problems, while also thinking strategically about long term goals and objectives
- Robust background in fisheries biology, fish production, aquiculture and program and budget management
- Ability to quickly identify problems and bring others on board to implement solutions
Company: California Department of Fish and Wildlife
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A