Website California Department of Fish and Wildlife
Would you like to join a team of dedicated group of scientists working to protect California’s biodiversity? The CDFW Wildlife Branch is seeking a motivated and productive analyst to assist the Lands Program with administrative tasks related to the management of over 1.1 million acres of Wildlife Areas and Ecological Reserves, plus thousands of acres of partner-managed lands.
- Incumbents are assigned to work on a broad range of governmental and managerial problems that may be interdisciplinary in nature.
- Incumbents may be assigned to work as field representatives in complex and controversial intergovernmental negotiations.
- Incumbents conduct and/or review analytical studies and surveys; formulate procedures, policies, and program alternatives;
- Make recommendations on a broad spectrum of administrative and program-related problems; review and analyze proposed legislation and advise management on the impact or potential impact;
- May act as team leaders or coordinate the efforts of representatives of various governmental agencies on larger projects; represent the State or a given department as assigned; and perform other related duties.
- Ability to: Reason logically and creatively and utilize a variety of analytical techniques to resolve complex governmental and managerial problems; develop and evaluate alternatives;
- Analyze data and present ideas and information effectively both orally and in writing; consult with and advise administrators or other interested parties on a wide variety of subject-matter areas;
- Gain and maintain the confidence and cooperation of those contacted during the course of work; coordinate the work of others, act as a team or conference leader; and appear before legislative and other committees.
- Principles, practices, and trends of public and business administration, management, and supportive staff services such as budgeting, personnel, and management analysis; government functions and organization; and methods and techniques of effective conference leadership.
Company: California Department of Fish and Wildlife
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A