View All FireRescue1 Jobs FireRescue1
Position is subject to extended work hours when necessary; multiple tasks; strict deadlines; making sound judgments and decisions. Regular attendance is an essential function of this job to ensure continuity of services. Position is subject to drug testing in accordance with applicable State and Federal regulations and City of Las Cruces policies.
- Train in the operation of rescue tools and other fire equipment.
- Train in other aspects of incident management, hazardous material, technical rescue, and aircraft rescue and firefighting.
- Train in the administration of emergency medical care.
- Participate in mandatory physical training to include but not limited to running, calisthenics, hose and dummy drags, and weight training.
- Attend and successfully complete Fire Academy and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) classes and other formal fire training programs to qualify for certification as a Firefighter.
- Essential duties and functions may include, but are not limited to, the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Participate in drills, demonstrations, firefighting training evolutions, and courses in maintenance and firefighting techniques.
- Train in the locating, controlling, and extinguishing of fires using applicable extinguishing agents.
- 8 years old by Start of Academy
- Education: High School Diploma / GED
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Age 18 by the start of the Fire Academy.
- No other work experience required at time of hire. Must maintain a level of physical fitness to meet department standards.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Paramedic
Job Location: New Mexico, US
Application Deadline: N/A