Website Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) is ranked within the top 5 mid-size agencies through the Partnership for Public Service’s Best Places to Work in the Federal Government Rankings! Our Pathways Recent Graduates Program provides first-hand developmental experiences in the energy industry, while gaining exposure to the Commission’s work. This position is in the Office of Energy Market Regulation.
- Analyzing and reviewing a variety of conventional regulatory data and documents associated with the regulation of natural gas/oil pipeline companies and/or electric utilities for matters within his/her designated area of responsibility.
- Preparing Commission memoranda, notices, proposed orders, or other documents for cases that require consideration of issues common to the regulated industry or which are traditional or non-controversial.
- Performing analyses of moderately complex regulatory issues associated with filings for the purpose of identifying trends, problems, or deviations from pertinent regulatory requirements or Commission policies.
- Fostering commitment, facilitating team spirit; working with others to achieve organizational goals.
- Developing recommendations to resolve issues for use by the team leader or supervisor; Communicating technical information orally and in writing.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- You may be required to divest certain energy-related securities.
- You must submit transcripts at the time of application.
- A background investigation is required.
- Generally, male applicants must be registered with the Selective Service.
- A one-year probationary period may be required.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
Company: Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Accounting
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A