View All FEMA Jobs FEMA
This position is being announced under FEMA’s Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery Employee (CORE) Program. This is a temporary appointment in the Excepted Service, not to exceed 2 years, with the option to extend based on workload and funding availability. Veterans Preference does not apply to the CORE selection process.
- Assisting with managing disaster operations and other procedural components of emergency programs and activities, during response and recovery operations.
- Evaluating and producing substantive recommendations regarding efficiency issues and major administrative aspects of disaster recovery operations.
- Performing technical writing functions, requiring knowledge of the Individuals and Households Programs and various areas of emergency management, including reports of research findings.
- Administering programs and plans impacting the delivery of disaster recovery services to support individuals and communities affected by disasters.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
- Selective service registration is required for males born after 12/31/59.
- Travel will be required.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A