Website Federal Bureau of Investigation
STEP 1: Click on the “Apply” button to be directed to the FBIJobs Careers website.
STEP 2: Click the “Start” button to begin. You will be prompted to either Sign In to continue or to register with FBIJobs if you don’t already have an account.
STEP 3: Follow the step-by-step process to submit your interest. You will be guided through each step. You must complete all sections of the form AND ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE ATTACHED to successfully submit your interest.
FBI Special Agents apply their professional expertise and unique skill sets to their work and role every day. As a Special Agent with a military or law enforcement background, you can apply your tactical skills, leadership, integrity and teamwork to gathering evidence or helping to dismantle a criminal enterprise.
You can expect continued specialized training once onboard and opportunities to work on some of the Bureau’s most complex cases. The scope and scale of our investigations provide unique challenges unlike anything you could work on in the private sector.
- Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented
- Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search warrants, raids and similar assignments.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting visual and hearing standards.
- FBI Police Officer applicants are required to sign a continued service agreement that notes their willingness to remain in the FBI Police Officer position for a minimum of two years from the date they first report to duty.
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
- Pass all physical fitness requirements; must be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer to one of the FBI’s 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared for and support this move.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty assignments anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a long-term basis.
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct.
- Successfully complete approximately 19 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy at Quantico.
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
- Meet the FBI’s Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with at least six months driving experience.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret SCI Clearance.
Qualification & Experience:
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or higher (preferably in IT, forensic science, computer technology or similar disciplines) from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Function: Law Enforcement
Job Location: Detroit Metropolitan Area , US
Application Deadline: N/A