Website Federal Bureau of Investigation
Employment Law Unit (ELU) attorneys apply their expertise in employment law, legal skills, litigation experience and education to provide direct representation of the FBI in personnel-related administrative hearings. In addition, they coordinate the FBI’s representation in civil suits arising from personnel-related matters. ELU’s employment litigation practice is limited to employment discrimination cases, MSPB appeals, whistleblower retaliation claims and wage and hour matters.
- Defend the FBI in whistleblower retaliation cases.
- Provide legal advice and guidance to the highest levels of FBI management on all aspects of personnel-related issues.
- Defend the FBI throughout all phases of employment litigation, including class actions, pending nationwide before the U.S. Equal Employment
- Opportunity Commission, the Merit System Protection Board (“MSPB”) and in ensuing appeals.
- Assist in representing the FBI in personnel-related litigation in the federal courts of the United States.
Selectee will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450 annually.
Must be able to obtain a Top-Secret clearance
Must be a U.S. citizen
Qualification & Experience:
All applicants must possess a law degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association and be an active member of the bar (any US jurisdiction).
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Newport News, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A