Website Federal Bureau of Investigation
The FBI seeks experienced and highly qualified Attorneys to join the Office of the General Counsel (OGC). The OGC provides legal advice to the entire FBI on a wide range of substantive issues. The OGC works closely with other offices of the Department of Justice (DOJ) and other members of the Intelligence Community. OGC also assists the FBI in forming partnerships with other federal, state, local and international agencies, as well as private-sector entities, in support of FBI operations.
- The Employment Law Unit (ELU) provides direct FBI representation in personnel-related administrative hearings and coordinates FBI representation in civil suits arising from personnel-related matters. ELU Attorneys defend the FBI throughout all phases of employment litigation, including class actions pending nationwide before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Commission, the Merit System Protection Board (MSPB) and in ensuing appeal and whistleblower retaliation cases. They assist in representing the FBI in personnel-related litigation in U.S. federal courts and provide legal advice and guidance to the highest levels of FBI management on all aspects of personnel-related issues, among other responsibilities.
- Must complete form FD-887, Request for Access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450 annually.
- Must pass an FBI polygraph examination.
- Must pass an FBI-administered urinalysis drug test.
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance.
Qualification & Experience:
- Applicants must possess a JD degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association (or have an LLM (Master of Laws) degree or other graduate law degree in addition to a JD) and be an active member of the bar (in any U.S. jurisdiction).
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jacksonville, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A