Website Federal Bureau of Investigation
The FBI seeks experienced and highly qualified attorneys to join the Office of the General Counsel (OGC). The OGC provides legal advice to the entire FBI on a wide range of substantive issues. The OGC works closely with other offices of the Department of Justice (DOJ) and other members of the Intelligence Community. OGC also assists the FBI in forming partnerships with other federal, state, local and international agencies, as well as private-sector entities, in support of FBI operations.
- As an Office of the General Counsel (OGC) Attorney, you will serve as legal counsel for the FBI. The FBI’s OGC consists of three branches: Investigative and Administrative Law Branch, National Security and Cyber Law Branch and the Litigation Branch. Your duties and responsibilities will depend on the type of law you practice within each branch. Please visit our postings on the Department of Justice (DOJ) website: https://www.justice.gov/legal-careers to view all of our current vacancies. All three branches are currently hiring with openings in some or all of the following units: Civil Litigation Unit, Employment Law Unit, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Litigation Unit, Fiscal and Contract Law Unit, Privacy and Civil Liberties Unit, Cyber Law Unit, Counterintelligence Law Unit, Counterterrorism Law Unit and the Investigative Law Unit.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must pass an FBI-administered urinalysis drug test.
- Must pass an FBI polygraph examination.
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance.
- Must complete form FD-887, Request for Access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
- Must complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450 annually.
Qualification & Experience:
- Applicants must possess a JD degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association (or have an LLM (Master of Laws) degree or other graduate law degree in addition to a JD) and be an active member of the bar (in any U.S. jurisdiction).
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Greenville, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A