Website Duke Energy Corporation
Line Technicians will be expected to safely perform all associated tasks with the construction and maintenance of all overhead and underground facilities (excluding vaults, manholes, and hot compounds). Line Technicians must be able to safely and efficiently troubleshoot and repair all distribution circuits and equipment both overhead (OH) and underground (UG). Line Technicians must be proficient in computer programs and able to embrace new technology in the utility field.
- Provides deep technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise.
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
- Independently prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches.
- Conducts engineering and related studies.
- Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance.
- Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities. Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills. Maintains accurate records and files.
- Supports the company’s goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
- Must be proficient in the use of fall restraint tools and equipment
- Must be physically able to do all assigned tasks that relate to line work while working from a pole with climbing gear, bucket truck or while on the ground
- Ability to respond 24/7 to emergent activities for restoration of the Duke Energy distribution system
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to follow all OSHA Federal Register work requirements that relate to the trade, to include sections 1910.269 of OSHA electrical safety regulations
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to follow all OSHA Federal Register
- Must be proficient with live line maintenance, including the use of hot sticks and gloving procedures
- This position contains a weight restriction of 275 pounds as an essential function of the job. The purpose of this restriction is to ensure that all
- weight rated equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner within maximum allowed weight loading.
- Must be able to work in direct sunlight, inclement weather or at night
- Must possess climbing skills including the ability to complete non accessible pole hardware replacement and transfers while in a climbing mode
- Ability to lift and carry 75 lbs.
Company: Duke Energy Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A