Website Duke Energy Corporation
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical and regulatory support to generating facilities in the Midwest service area (Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky). The primary environmental compliance subject areas for this support will be CEMS (Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems), ambient monitoring systems, and stack emissions testing.
- Safely provide regulatory compliance support for electric generating facilities.
- Provide technical expertise regarding USEPA Emission Test Methods, legacy Acid Rain and New Source Performance Standard CEMS (SO2, NOx, CO2, CO, O2, Flow), Continuous Opacity Monitors (COMS), Mercury Continuous Emissions Monitors (MCEMS) & Sorbent Traps, and Particulate Matter Continuous Emissions Monitors (PMCEMS).
- Stack Tests: Schedule tests, coordinate contractor safety, and ensure compliant procedures are followed.
- CEMS: Provide day-to-day compliance support and oversight, ensure the reliable transfer of signals to/from the Data Acquisition and Handling System (DAHS), and ensure DAHS programming satisfies regulatory standards and operational needs.
- Regulatory Submittals: Quality assure emissions data, prepare reports, and verify report content and calculations prior to submittal.
- Serves as subject matter expert for technical programs and compliance issues supporting company’s environmental goals, strategies, programs, and processes. Develops and maintains procedures and programs to assist facilities in complying with environmental laws and regulations. Tracks regulatory changes, legislative activities and industry standards and identifies needed changes to facility’s compliance programs. Works with federal, state and local regulatory authorities to interpret regulations and laws. Represents Duke Energy on various internal/external industry committees and teams.
- Provide regulatory-required and internal environmental reports.
- Develop environmental training programs and support facility work management process.
- Bachelors degree or higher in Science or Engineering plus six (6) years directly related work experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Ten (10) years directly related work experience in lieu of a degree
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or other related field of study and 8 years of work-related experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Twelve (12) years directly related work experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience installing, operating, and maintaining CEMS equipment including PLCs, Data Loggers, and Data Acquisition System software.
- Experience with database quality assurance and regulatory reporting
- Experience with EPA Test Methods and other stack testing methods applicable to the power generation industry.
- Familiar with computer networks and the use of MODBUS TCPIP protocol
- Knowledge of power generation processes
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and successfully complete them within specified timeframes
- Good communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills with a customer-oriented focus
Company: Duke Energy Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Indianapolis, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A