Website Duke Energy Corporation
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for accounting, financial analysis, budgeting, and financial reporting support of the Transmission organization. This position works closely with the Transmission business partners to analyze and report variances, understand trends, and help to execute the financial plans. Key activities include financial planning, managing the budget development as well as monthly, year to date, and year-end financial analysis. The role will work with Transmission business representatives at all levels to provide the expertise/assistance necessary for the business to achieve financial success.
- Build financial acumen across customer group supported.
- Develop and consolidate even the most complex departmental budgets.
- Provide financial, accounting, and business management analytical support to various levels of management and customers.
- Evaluate business unit O&M and capital variances for key drivers.
- Prepare financial presentations for management review, cost/status reporting, and decision making.
- Effectively communicate financial information to all levels of leadership.
- Partner with business executives and finance team to develop year end/quarterly/monthly business unit financial projections. Peer Support
- Financial Budgeting, Analysis and Projections
- High School/GED degree
- In addition to required degree, 8 years related work experience
- Strong computer skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office suite applications, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (both written and oral) in a clear, concise and effective manner.
- Ability to effectively interface with multiple across a department, e.g. managers, supervisors, employees
- Experience working in a fast-paced, demanding environment with changing conditions.
Company: Duke Energy Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Raleigh, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A