Website Defense Logistics Agency
The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) agency. DLA provides worldwide logistics support for the missions of the Military Departments and the Unified Combatant Commands under conditions of peace and war. It also provides logistics support to other DoD Components and certain Federal agencies, foreign governments, international organizations, and others as authorized.
- Provide legal and policy advice in one or more assigned areas including: Government Contracts, Fiscal Law, Contract Litigation, Civilian Personnel, Fraud, Ethics Program, Alternative Dispute
- Resolution, Procedures and Policies.
- Provides legal advice to management and operating officials to ensure actions taken are in accordance with governing laws, regulations and policies, and to mitigate the development of litigation and other legal problems.
- Responsible to develop and analyze facts and legal analysis for legal cases, issues and/or problems
- Provide legal services related to DLA Troop Support’s acquisition mission to the Commander.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Tour of Duty: Flexible
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
- Security Requirements: Non Sensitive
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, where reciprocity cannot be applied; unfavorably adjudicated background checks will be grounds for removal.
- COVID19: All Federal Employees must be fully vaccinated by November 22, 2021. Please see Additional Information.
- Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
- Bargaining Unit Status: Yes
Qualification & Experience:
One year of professional legal experience or second professional law degree (Master of Laws (L.L.M.) provided it required one full academic year of graduate study;
Superior law school achievements, law school academic excellence, significant law school activities, or significant achievements at the law school’s official reviews or journals.
Company: Defense Logistics Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A