Website Defense Logistics Agency
The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) agency. DLA provides worldwide logistics support for the missions of the Military Departments and the Unified Combatant Commands under conditions of peace and war. It also provides logistics support to other DoD Components and certain Federal agencies, foreign governments, international organizations, and others as authorized.
- Performs life guarding duties and employs safety rules for the protection of pool guests. Responsible for life guarding guests in attendance at the assigned aquatics area. Rescues swimmers and administers first aid as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Serves as lifeguard for assigned aquatics area under the direction of the pool supervisor.
- Attends training as directed. Keeps accurate records and adequate supplies. Assists with scheduling of staff and programs, tracking inventory and ordering supplies. Assists in maintaining pool and area clean and free from any hazards.
- Provides information to swimmers regarding safety rules and procedures. Tactfully warns patrons who repeatedly disregard safety rules, and follows facility Standard Operating Procedures for disciplinary actions.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Incumbent is required to follow environmental safeguards and wear personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. and swim 500 yards daily.
- Subject to satisfactory completion of all pre-employment checks in accordance with AR 215-3, para.2.
- May be assigned to irregular duties or when needed for special recreational events and related requirements.
- Must have good vision (corrected vision if necessary) while on duty to effectively recognize all emergencies, incidents and rule breaking.
- In case of exposure to infectious disease, incumbent is required to obtain the Hepatitis B Vaccination series within a 24 hour period.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Must be able to withstand continuous exposure to sun and prolonged periods of high temperature and humidity.
- Work hours may involve weekend, weekdays, holidays and night duty.
Company: Defense Logistics Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: New Cumberland, PA, US
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A