Website Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport
Under the direct supervision of the Inventory Supervisor and the Department Manager, the Storekeeper receives, stores, and issues supplies, materials, and equipment. Tracks and compiles records of supply transactions.
Under the direct supervision of the Foreman and the Department Manager, the Storekeeper is assigned work orders for lighting, moving of furniture and other Building Maintenance assignments. This position is part of a 24/7/365 day operation which will include weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Receives and verifies quantities, parts, materials, and supply deliveries from vendors, employees, and customers
- Clears and removes snow using shovels and walk-behind snow blowers and other mechanical equipment at Airport Authority locations as needed
- Records stock transactions (enters new items, transfers, deletions, scan invoices etc.) manually or electronically in the Inventory Management System
- Stores supplies, materials, and equipment in assigned storage location in the various inventory locations
- Issues supplies, materials, and equipment to authorized department personnel
- Delivers supplies, materials, and equipment to Airport Authority offices and work sites. Picks-up supplies, materials, and equipment from vendor locations
- Maintains the stockroom facilities in a clean and organized manner
- Moves furniture, office equipment, supplies, and materials throughout the complex for Airport Authority employees
- Communicates with customers and vendors regarding stock requests and delivery information via phone, e-mail, and other electronic devices
- Operates hi-lo, pallet jack, scissor lifts, Hi-top van, and pickup trucks, with or without trailer, or other inventory specific equipment to move supplies, materials, and equipment
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed
- Performs minor repairs throughout Airport Authority facilities, such as, re-lamping light fixtures, assembling furniture, and other various repairs
- Performs physical inventories of available supplies, materials, and equipment for tracking and verification
- High School Diploma or Certificate of High School Equivalency
- Be familiar with Office Suite Software (Core – Email, Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Presentation)
- Have a valid State of Michigan Drivers License and a safe, acceptable driving record. If current driver’s license is issued in another state, a Michigan driver’s license must be obtained within four (4) months of job start date.
Company: Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Detroit, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A