Website Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport
The Airfield Operations Specialist (AOS) performs liaison work with the FAA, Airport Tenants and WCAA personnel. Inspects Airport Facilities and equipment for FAR Part 139 compliance (Airport Safety Self-Inspection), safety, and security, in accordance with governing criteria. The AOS works on and around the Airport including the Airport Operations Area, terminals, dispatch center and various Airport assets.
- Responds to aircraft and other airfield emergencies and takes appropriate actions to support protection of personnel and property.
- Investigates safety and maintenance complaints regarding the air operations area (AOA).
- Coordinates snow removal activities, airfield openings and closures.
- Responds to, collects information, and investigates complaints, made by the public or other entities.
- Enforces WCAA Ordinances as well those issued by state, federal or local authorities.
- Mitigates wildlife hazards.
- Performs daily airfield condition inspections, issues Notices to Airmen (NOTAMs) reports, and documents deficiencies.
- High School Diploma or Certificate of High School Equivalency and Three (3) years’ paid experience at a civil or military service airport in airport operations, or an airport operations related role ensuring compliance with Part 139 requirements; and AAAE Airport Certified Employee
- (ACE) Airfield Operations certification.
- High School Diploma or Certificate of High School Equivalency and Four (4) years’ paid civil or military equivalent experience in one or more of the following areas: Pilot, Air Traffic Control, Airfield Operations. Successful completion of the AAAE Airport Certified Employee (ACE) Airfield
- Operations Program may be substituted for One (1) year of required experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Management or a related field, and One (1) year paid experience at a civil or military service airport in airport operations including experience conducting field inspections, issuing NOTAMs and ensuring compliance to Part 139 requirements.
- AAAE Airport Certified Employee (ACE) Airfield Operations certification may be substituted for One (1) year of experience. Or
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or a closely related field;
- 5 or more years of professional experience with progressive responsibilities in the architecture, engineering, construction administration, and the management of consultants and contractors.
- Experience should include architectural/engineering design and construction, building facilities alterations and management, and pavement repair assessment and restoration.
Company: Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Detroit, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A