Website Delta Diablo
Under supervision, responsible for performing professional water quality sampling and laboratory analysis for continuous testing and analysis of water and wastewater treatment processes and for performing laboratory procedural improvement testing work in conformance with professional laboratory procedures, approved laboratory analysis methods and regulatory techniques and verifying compliance with regulatory requirements and validating accuracy of completed work.
- Prepares standard chemical solutions and reagents.
- Maintains chain of custody and other technical laboratory records.
- Conducts studies to characterize properties of domestic sewage and final effluent.
- Collects samples of raw, partially treated, and treated wastewater, water, receiving waters, and by-products and performs specialized and complex chemical, bacteriological and physical tests and analyses to determine efficiency of plant processes and insure that plant effluent meets local, state and federal requirements.
- Monitors and samples continuous bioassay system and maintains related logs and records.
- Conducts field sampling of water wastewater throughout service areas and at specific locations of permit users.
- Establishes test priorities and prepares written reports, samples and documentation for transmittal to regulatory agencies.
- A valid California State Class C license must be maintained at all times.
- Work in variety of environments including office buildings with controlled lighting and ventilation and moderate noise levels; in wastewater treatment plant facilities the noise level is usually moderate with occasional exposure to loud equipment.
- Visual acuity to read fine details on plans, correspondence, reports and/or statistical data.
- Grasping, repetitive hand movement and fine coordination to handle tools and use a computer.
- Routinely lift and move objects such as sampling devices and accessories, sample jugs, laboratory and field equipment, each weighing between 10 and 50 pounds.
- Work outside in inclement weather and various terrains as necessary.
- Occasionally tolerate physical presence at heights of up to 75 feet on outdoor catwalks and exterior walkways of large structures.
- Regularly operate safety devices and equipment and apply proper safety proceduresin hazardous environments.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and climb or balance and stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Subject to exposure and/or contact with chemicals, fumes, odors, dust and pollen. Ascend and descend ladders and stairs.
- Operate automobiles, electric carts, computers and general office equipment (i.e., copiers, fascimile machines) and field communications equipment (cell phone and/or two-way radios) .
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- One (1) year of experience in wastewater, water or environmental testing laboratory performing professional chemical laboratory analysis work.
Company: Delta Diablo
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A