Website Florida Department of Children and Families
The incumbent in this position performs duties in the expanded role of professional psychiatric nursing, providing psychiatric care and performing certain medical acts within protocols established mutually with the Medical Executive Director (MED) and in conformance with specialization certification. The incumbent identifies nursing and mental heal related problems, plans and implements nursing care to resolve identified problems, provides management and care of acute and chronic mental health problems, engages in the teaching of general health care, and follows medical ethics and standards in an outcome-oriented management system, while maintaining sensitivity to the constitutional rights of the patients. The incumbent must spend at least 75 percent of his or her time performing duties which involve contact with patients or inmates in a correctional or forensic facility or institution.
- This position acts as the P-card Coordinator for the division. Approves and researches P-card purchases and gathers all necessary information to process the charges.
- Assists all approvers with charges when necessary and notifies approvers of all changes and deadline dates that are crucial to meet with the department’s policy and procedures guidelines for P-card approving.
- Makes requests on behalf of the division to the department for limit raises, new cards, and to cancel cards. Maintains spreadsheets and all relevant documentation.
- Assists cardholders in researching P-card delinquencies from FLAIR records and DFS Vendor Payment History as needed.
- This position acts as the Division Travel Liaison.
- Verifies travel information for accuracy in the Statewide Travel Management System (STMS) travel module which includes supporting documents such as receipts, authorizations, justifications, travel vouchers, organizational codes and funding for travel reimbursement approval.
- Assists employees in the division with their travel reimbursement requests and questions when issues arise due to nuances in travel situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Knowledge of personal computer operations, laser printers, copier machines, fax machines, and electronic filing.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures.
- Skill in the use of financial software and accounting systems.
Company: Florida Department of Children and Families
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Gainesville, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A