Website Consumers Energy
Responsible for project financial performance for extensive complex projects and less complex but critical projects. Relies on experience and judgement to develop forecasts, maintain budgets, and support project managers and project teams through preparation and analysis of Project financials. Strong technical accounting, forecasting and project management skills required as position will manage multiple projects and multiple project managers simultaneously.
- Cost engineering responsibility for projects within the River Hydros area of the business. This portfolio consists of upgrade projects that demand a high level of organization and collaboration to achieve financial predictability, one of the most critical objectives of a cost engineer.
- Support project management through preparation and analysis of actuals, accruals, change log and forecasts.
- Updating of project forecast to reflect most accurate/current cost and estimate information. Includes forecasting project expenditures utilizing trend analysis and expert judgement, identifying potential cost overruns or underruns in a timely manner, assisting with risk management planning and change control, etc.
- Interface with other organizations to provide cost/budget data for items such as subcontract change requests, new work item estimates, and expenditure control.
- Ensure that corporate cost control and estimating standards are implemented and that all project related activities comply.
- The selected candidate must possess exceptional communication, analytical, cost controls techniques and technical knowledge of construction projects, risk and contingency reporting, SAP, Excel and PC skills.
- Perform non-routine cost analysis assignments and relies on extensive experience and judgment to accomplish goals.
- 3+ years of applied cost engineering or equivalent working experience in Finance or Project Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Accounting, Construction Management or Business; or equivalent combination of training and/or related experience.
- Certifications from AACE or PMI (must be obtained within 3 years of entering the job family)
- Demonstrated experience forecasting and applying resource monitoring and control techniques.
- Detail Oriented with a demonstrated ability to identify cause and effect.
- Data Analysis with a proven ability to model multiple scenarios.
- Decision making/problem solving skills.
Company: Consumers Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Jackson, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A