Website Consumers Energy
This role is primarily responsible for electric distribution system design. The Technician will design projects as approved through the LVD Planning department, and as required for new business approved through the Customer Energy Management department.
- Design electric distribution systems for customer relocation, capacity projects, failures or reliability improvement projects
- Design various new business projects, including line extensions (primary, secondary) and services of various degrees of difficulty, and customer types (residential, commercial, industrial, developments)
- Design in a CAD system
- Identify other pole attachments
- Negotiate with customers and obtaining easements (or work with the Right of Way department)
- Work with government entities for permits (or work with the Permitting department)
- Track projects in spreadsheets and/or databases
- Create projects and/or orders and order materials in the work management system
- Communicate work to internal departments (LVD Planning, Forestry, Long and Short-Range Scheduling, Field/Construction, Closeout, etc.)
- Obtaining field notes outdoors, and at times, work in remote areas on uneven terrain and/or in difficult-to-access locations
- Participate with storm and emergency restoration activities and includes both office and field assignments.
- At least six years of applicable experience and a two-year associate degree in a scientific or technical field, or 48 scientific or technical credit hours as measured on a semester basis. 48 scientific or technical credit hours can be obtained through colleges, technical institutes, licensed apprenticeship programs, trade schools, military programs, etc.
- Degree requirement may be waived if the applicant has extensive experience in lieu of education (10 + years)
- oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as an independent contributor with minimal supervision
- A valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to work additional hours as necessary to assist with storm restoration activities.
- Ability to perform the above-mentioned duties in a safe manner at all times; driving to and from field (including remote) sites is required and the individual must be able to perform this function in all Michigan seasons
Company: Consumers Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Lansing, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A