Website California Department of Conservation
The State of California is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
It is an objective of the State of California to achieve a drug-free work place. Any applicant for state employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with the law of the State, the rules governing Civil Service, and the special trust placed in public servants.
- Under the direction of the Senior Engineering Geologist of Data Products Unit, the Research Data Specialist (RDS)-I is responsible for the operation and backup of databases of seismic data, strong motion data processing and automatic data upload to the Center for Engineering Strong Motion Data (CESMD) web portal.
- Your knowledge of relational databases
- Your education and experience related to projects where you applied computer software and programming/scripting skills
- Your education and experience related to projects involving large sets of data.
- Your knowledge and experience in statistics.
Company: California Department of Conservation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Government Administration
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A