Website Columbus State Community College
The Adjunct – Engineering & Transportation Technologies position providesquality instruction and maintains a positive learning environment in theclassroom, with major emphasis placed on teaching, supporting, and evaluating students.The Adjunct role provides instruction and monitors teaching/learningeffectiveness in courses assigned by the Department Chair, or other leadershipmembers. The incumbent must exhibit strong organizational skills and the abilityto multitask while engaging large groups of people with complicated material.
- Teaches assigned courses as scheduled. Designs curriculum embracing diversity, in all forms, to fostertalent in students while modeling inclusive teaching strategies, with an understanding of the socio-cultural issues of traditionally under represented groups.
- Considers individual differences of students in order to design and support a range of appropriate learning activities.
- Participates in the identification of students with academic or other needs and responds by utilizing an appropriate resource.
- Uses technology in a manner appropriate to the nature and objectives of courses and programs and communicates clearly to students the expectations concerning the use of such technology.
- Keeps accurate and appropriate records in accordance with departmental policies.
- Providing quality instruction; learning technologies and the use of multi-media technology to enhance student learning; instructional planning and presentation; incorporating critical thinking, effective communication, and other general education outcomes in course content; effective time management; proficiency with online communication; record-keeping.
- Ability to: Effectively communicate and use interpersonal skills; create engaging learning environments that respect a wide variety of viewpoints; be sensitive to the needs and concerns of a diverse student population, socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, and students with disabilities; work independently without ongoing direct supervision; meet deadlines; perform student learning outcomes; maintain confidential and sensitive information, including FERPA.
- Online instruction techniques and methods; Microsoft Office; computer skills; Blackboard and/or other student support systems; internet research; online communication and record-keeping.
Company: Columbus State Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Columbus, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A