Website Columbus State Community College
The Administrative Assistant in the Office of the Vice President of StudentAffairs (VPSA) provides administrative support to the Student Affairsleadership team. This position offers a wide variety of administrative tasks tosupport and incrementally advance assigned projects toward accomplishing goalsand desired results, including but not limited to areas across the StudentAffairs’ leadership team portfolio, subject to management overview andsupervision.
- Serves as the initial point of contact and screening for visitor access to the Vice President of Student Affairs Office.
- Performs responsibilities directly related to the management and general business operations of the Student Affairs division, including coordinating correspondence for the Student Affairs leadership team and the division, coordination of travel, coordination of meetings, reservations, agendas, and meeting minute distribution, supporting division monetary and budgeting transactions, collaborating with Executive Assistant to establish division procedures, maintaining schedules of the leadership team as needed.
- Carries out major assignments in conducting the operations of the division.
- Manages capital equipment, coordinates all information flow directed to the Student Affairs leadership team and the Division, and performs other responsible administrative responsibilities on behalf of the division that requires the exercising of independent discretion pertaining to matters of significance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication; organization; customer service; conflicted solution; general typing; application of job software including word processing and spreadsheets; proofreading standard business correspondence and other written documents; customer service; office organization;
- Creating functional report formats; verbal and written communications; performing mathematical calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, decimals, percentages, and fractions.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates, vendors, students, telephone users, and the general public; maintain confidential and sensitive information; use sound judgment; perform complex tasks and prioritize multiple projects; effectively communicate information in oral and written forms; excellent listening skills and participant in collaborative work;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders across the College; effectively work with persons of varying cultures and diversity; problem solve effectively; exhibit a pleasant public manner and telephone etiquette; originate correspondence; work independently.
Company: Columbus State Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Columbus, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A