Website Columbus State Community College
The SDI Center in Columbus, Ohio is seeking to hire up to three Research Associates. As a Research Associate with the center, you will help conduct research work in a particular discipline aligned with Center focus areas in PK20 education. Each Research Associate will support knowledge development in key areas (e.g., inclusive instructional leadership, evidence-based literacy instruction, advancing postsecondary options and opportunities for individuals with disabilities and learning difficulties, building capacity for districtwide continuous improvement through personnel development, etc.) and the application of knowledge and implementation of evidence-based practices by practitioners.
- Solve problems using interdisciplinary research knowledge.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need.
- Assist in designing and implementing grant projects, including obtaining funding to support and expand the Center’s research.
- Contribute to building strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (e.g., school districts, regional providers, state officials), partners, consultants, and others to continually improve the quality, relevance, and usefulness of Center services and the effective implementation of approved project activities;
- Assist with the coordination of educational research studies.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis of data, interpret data, and assist in judging validity of data.
- Support the research agenda related to the mission of the Systems Development & Improvement Center to foster the development, implementation, and evaluation of
- PK20 education research and demonstration efforts that improve opportunities to learn for children and youth, their families, and the professionals who support them;
- Support and lead (as assigned) significant aspects of a larger, complex project.
- Assist in a writing a variety of professional documents (e.g., technical reports; grant proposals; meeting notes; annual reports).
- Make independent contributions to projects based on professional training or functional experience.
- Contribute to the collective learning of regional, district, school, and teacher teams to improve learning outcomes for all children in key focus areas of the Center’s work.
- May require experience with specialized software programs.
- Experience in supporting adult learning through the provision of professional development and coaching.
- Understanding of Ohio’s system of education, including the state’s improvement framework.
- In-depth knowledge of educational research, particularly in literacy, TESOL, leadership, and/or partnerships with families and communities.
Company: Columbus State Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Columbus, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A