Website Collin College
Teach assigned workforce courses, including linked courses (credit/non-credit), in accordance with the course syllabus and college policy. Continue to update and revise course content and teaching methodology in order to maintain currency and relevance in the respective industry. Maintain familiarity with current texts, materials, teaching aids and techniques relative to courses within the discipline and recommend their adoption when appropriate. Establish professional relationships with respective industry partners to enhance student job and career readiness.
- Remain current in industry certification, designation, and state license(s) if required.
- Requests classroom and lab supplies as needed by following college procedures.
- Actively seek ways to improve instruction.
- Provide advice and/or assistance to associate faculty in regard to course content and instructional materials.
- Post and observe a minimum of six office hours per week for purposes of academic advising and student consultation at times which will be most convenient for students. Meet with students as needed by appointment.
- Advise and assist students during the ongoing registration process and as needed to improve program completion and success.
- Actively participate in discipline, division and college-wide task forces and committees for an average of two hours per week.
- Attend scheduled discipline, division and college-wide meetings and participate in official graduation ceremonies and department level recognition events.
- Actively participate in initiatives to maintain college-wide accreditation as well as maintaining standards required for discipline program review, accreditation and/or approval.
- Knowledge of Banner and network systems
- Problem solving skills
- Customer service skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Decision making skills
- Computer and applicable software skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to answer multiple phone lines
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to proofread and edit
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Qualification & experience:
- Associate degree or higher in Information Technology, Networking, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Information Technology, Computer Engineering from a regionally accredited institution
- Certification in one or more of the following cloud services: Amazon Web services (AWS), Cloud Practitioner, SysOps Administrator, Solutions Architect, Microsoft Azure – Certified Azure Fundamental, Cloud Administrator.
- Solid foundation skills in implementing cloud services like Amazon and Microsoft Azure
Company: Collin College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A