Website U.S. Coast Guard
The position is a Senior Director at the Coast Guard (CG) Community Services Command (CSC) Headquarters in Chesapeake, VA and reports to the Executive Officer (XO).
- Provide substantial input into corporate strategic plans and business direction. Serve as a member of the CSC Executive Steering Group which establishes, under the direction of the XO, future policies and programs, changes to existing policies and programs, and the establishment of strategic goals and objectives for the effective execution of CSC’s mission.
- Supervises/manages the CSC accounting, payroll, treasury, budgeting, procurement, and logistics support functions and the associated staffs. Provides both technical and managerial direction to these staffs in the daily execution of their tasks.
- Budgets and maintains the CSC Appropriated Fund accounts in accordance with all legal and policy requirements of the Coast Guard and Department of Homeland Security.
- Responsible for financial reporting and cash management of the centralized Coast Guard Exchange system providing updates to the Non-Pay Compensation Board of Directors at semi-annual meetings.
- Directs financial operations of CGES, develops the CSC financial program policies and procedures, determines the organizational finance department resource requirements, and sets the strategic direction for finance.
- Carry out Equal Employment Opportunity policies and communicates support of these policies to subordinates.
- Males born after 12/31/59 and at least 18 years of age must be registered with the Selective Service System, unless covered by an exemption under the Selective Service Law, in accordance with 5 U.S. Code 3378. Selectee will be required to provide a written statement regarding his registration status, unless he is exempted by this statute.
- Must satisfactorily complete a Federal Background check.
- Selectee will be required to participate in Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer as the Standard method of payment for payroll and travel purposes.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least two years supervising a large finance staff having responsibility for multiple financial disciplines.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university with emphasis in retail or business administration and at least five years of specialized experience.
- Advanced verbal communication skills as evidenced by extensive experience presenting information to large audiences and boards.
Company: U.S. Coast Guard
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Cybersecurity
Job Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, US
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A