Website U.S. Coast Guard
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, United States Coast Guard, Atlantic Area (LANTAREA), D7 – Coast Guard District Seven in Miami, FL.
- Providing preparedness planning and incident management technical support for the development of linkages, compatibility and mutual support among AMS, Area Contingency, natural disaster, mass rescue, radiological/nuclear detection, and similar port-level plans and procedures.
- Coordinating consultation and advisory and technical support with AMSCs and other stakeholders.
- Developing, maintaining, testing, and when necessary, supporting implementation of AMS (SRP) and MTS recovery plans.
- Serving as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for MTS Recovery Units (MTSRU), MTS Recovery Assist Teams (MTSRATs), or similar Coast Guard supplemental support activity, deploying to field locations when directed, for all forms of Transportation Disruptions.
- Researching, developing, and maintaining data detailing marine salvage response capabilities within Captain of the Port (OTP) Zones covered by AMS Plans.
- A one-year probationary period may be required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- This position requires a Secret clearance.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- The position requires a valid state driver’s license.
Qualification & Experience:
- National Service Experience (i.e., volunteer experience): Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social).
- Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
- You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Company: U.S. Coast Guard
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Cybersecurity
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A