Website City of Spokane
Candidates must have at least two years of post-apprenticeship work experience in the maintenance and repair of industrial power distribution and control systems and possess a general journeyman’s electrician license issued by the State of Washington, and a valid driver’s license. An ideal candidate is excited to learn, has a good understanding of troubleshooting motors and transformers and a good understanding of arc flash safety and lockout/tag out requirements.
- Installs, alters, maintains and repairs electrical wiring systems, fixtures, and other electrical equipment up to 13,200 volts.
- Troubleshoots, dismantles, cleans, repairs, and replaces motor and generator parts. Performs electrical and some mechanical work on various electrical machinery and equipment.
- Designs, installs, maintains, and repairs electrical wiring conduits and raceways.
- Maintains and repairs transformer substations with a capacity of up to 13,200 volts.
- Troubleshoots and repairs 3 Phase power systems and inverters.
- Inspects and maintains battery operated electrical systems, such as electric scissors lifts, emergency lighting, and electric carts.
- Performs preventive maintenance (PM) on a regular basis.
- Troubleshoots and repairs VFD control motors, pumps, and cranes; troubleshoots, operates, and maintains switch gear up to 13,200 volts.
- Operates City vehicles, forklifts, scissor lifts, and other equipment as required.
- Uses various power and hand tools as needed.
- Education/Experience: Two years of post-apprenticeship work experience in the maintenance and repair of industrial power distribution and control systems.
- License: Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Company: City of Spokane
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Post Falls, ID, US
Application Deadline: N/A