Website City of San José
The department is committed to excellent customer service, community engagement, and providing its employees with a positive, inspiring environment in which to work. We strive to demonstrate the City values of Integrity, Innovation, Excellence, Collaboration, Respect, and Celebration, and seek employees who do the same.
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with co-workers, other city employees, other organizations and their representatives, and the public, exhibiting effective customer service and communications skills.
- Researches and writes technical and administrative reports, and prepares written correspondence.
- Participates in the hiring and supervision of program staff; provides or coordinates staff training and coaching; conducts performance evaluations and implements performance development plans for staff; implements discipline procedures as necessary; maintains staff quality and high standards required for the efficient and professional operation of the Department.
- Plans, organizes, and supervises assigned environmental program area activities, including performing staff supervision, team development and
- leadership, technical staff development, and providing subject matter expertise in a specialized technical area.
- Represents City of San José LEA and assigned program area to outside agencies and organizations; participates in outside community and professional groups and committees; provides technical assistance as necessary.
- Oversees the development of assigned program work plan; assigns and facilitates the balancing of work activities, projects, and programs; monitors workflow and maintains timelines; reviews and evaluates team and individual work products, methods, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Environmental Studies, Environmental Health, Public Health, or other major related to the assigned program area.
- Four (4) years of increasingly responsible experience in developing, promoting, and implementing environmental programs similar to those of the City of San José.
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible supervisory experience or lead responsibility for other professional staff.
Company: City of San José
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A