Website City of Sacramento
The Junior Planner is the trainee level in the professional Planner series. The class provides on-the-job training for incumbents with no previous professional planning experience. Incumbents are expected to assume progressively more responsible duties. Upon completion of a twelve-month training period, incumbents will be advanced to the next level of Assistant Planner if their training period is successful or dismissed (terminated) if performance is unacceptable.
- Collect and compile data on a varied range of urban planning matters.
- Present data in the form of written or graphic reports.
- Assist in the review and analysis of proposed development projects for conformance with adopted City plans, applicable codes and ordinances, and other regulations.
- Perform research on the environmental effects of proposed projects and assist in the preparation of environmental documents.
- Prepare drafts of reports necessary for Federal and State grants.
- Conduct on-site investigations of proposed development projects or community areas.
- Respond to inquiries by the general public.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Collect, compile, analyze, and report data.
- Understand legislation that relates to planning.
- Prepare graphic material.
Company: City of Sacramento
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Visalia, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A