Website City of Rockford
The employee facilitates the maintenance and daily operations of software used by multiple departments for plan review. The distribution, tracking and monitoring of plans submitted for permitting and review. Plan review staff from multiple departments will answer to this position for timely review of submitted plans. The employee is responsible for the facilitation of the City’s elevator inspection program, Vacant and Foreclosed Property Registry, demolition program and coordinating with outside vendors, design professionals, contractors and city residents. The employee coordinates and directs the effectuation of policies and practices related to the operation of the construction services division. This is a single position classification
- Coordinates and directs the effectuation of policies and practices related to the operations of the construction services division.
- Manages specific programs implemented by the Construction Services Department as assigned.
- Manages and monitors software applications used by the Construction Services Department.
- Compiles data, establishes appropriate benchmarks, and prepares required reports for management review.
- Coordinates special inspections for properties with unique and challenging scenarios.
- Assists inspection staff in the inspection of properties to assess compliance with housing, property maintenance, environmental codes and city ordinances.
- Defines specific objectives, annual goals, and progress benchmarks, and ensures program activities conform to desired outcomes, city ordinances, and state rules and regulations
- Ability to interpret, explain and apply city ordinances and federal policies for the public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with property owners, the public, contractors, aldermen, and other department personnel.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings in order to determine which city departments will need access to those drawings for review.
- Ability to facilitate and effectuate policies and practices related to the operations of the construction services division.
- Knowledge of International Property Maintenance Code, International Building Code, and International Residential Code.
Qualification & Experience:
- A high school diploma or GED and one to three years of experience in code enforcement and/or housing rehabilitation program administration or building construction. At least an intermediary level of computer technology proficiency.
- Any satisfactory equivalent combination of experience, education and training which ensures the ability to perform the work may be substituted.
Company: City of Rockford
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A