View All City of Peoria Jobs City of Peoria
The purpose of this position is to provide relevant and timely instruction to police department employees both sworn and non-sworn, on the proficient utilization of department firearms, proper application of defensive tactics, effective and safe police driving, and proper application of “less-lethal response options” to include, but not limited to TASER, OC Spray and Stunbag.
- “Peoria is a world-class, sustainable and future-ready community that does not take a cookie-cutter approach to anything, with strong leadership at the helm, Peoria has a solid fiscal position, managing growth smartly, providing essential services, and emphasizing the importance of arts, recreation and open space preservation”.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a sworn police officer and currently AZPOST certified to include 3 years of active police firearms instructor experience
- Valid Arizona Class “D” Driver License upon hire.
- AZPOST General Instructor Certificate
- AZPOST FIrearms Instructor Certificate
Company: City of Peoria
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Peoria, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A