View All City of Peoria Jobs City of Peoria
we are committed to maintaining the level of service to our residents to sustain and enhance the lives, and culture of Peoria. However, the commitment to service is never finished! Join our growing team and become a part of the buzz that is Peoria! If you are passionate about providing excellent service through anticipating our community’s needs, creating partnerships, promoting sustainability, and embracing diversity
- The Adult Official position maintains standards of play and ensures that game rules are observed. Essential Functions:
- Officiates games and events, maintains standards of play and ensures game rules are observed.
- Resolves claims of rule infractions or complaints by participants and assess any necessary penalties, according to regulations.
- Inspects sporting equipment and/or examines participants to ensure compliance with event and safety regulations.
- Stops the event if conditions, including weather become hazardous.
- Attends to the administrative requirements necessary for the successful staging of the game.
- Completes accident, statistical and related reports as required.
- Confers with other sporting officials, coaches, players, and site supervisors to provide information, coordinate activities, and discuss problems.
- Performs related duties as assigned Experience: No previous related experience required.
- No minimum education requirement.
- Certification/License/Other Requirement: CCC/AED certification is required within two months of hire. Preferred/Desirable
- Experience officiating sports is preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of Rules of Play standards of the game being officiated and the ability to enforce such rules.
- Knowledge of basic needs and safety concerns associated with the care of assigned populations.
- Ability to maintain a safe playing environment in accordance with program and City policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain order by communicating effectively with persons who may be irate and unreasonable.
Company: City of Peoria
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Peoria, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A